Howard Johnson - Best Food Home Delivery in North Kolkata | Corona Update

Life is unlocking now after the 2 and half months of country lockdown. Life has just stopped as nothing seems as similar and usual as before. During this pandemic we learnt the value of life, money and food as many are starving, many are exhausted and many lives have ended. 


It’s a true fact that this serious virus is not going to leave us and we have to stay with it following all the safety protocols. We have to stay safe and we must consider our happiness too. For, Foody like me, this time is a serious problem as I am fond of eating variety from restaurants. In a single words, you can say “Food is Religion” for me. 


During this unlocking period, all restaurants and delivery joints are allowed to start their services with guidelines shared by Govt of India. I suggest not acting stupid and starting jumping to restaurants as Covid19 cases are not stagnant, instead, it’s increasing day by day. I think home delivery is the best option one can opt for getting their deliciousness at their doorstep. 


So, I also did the same. I went through various restaurant pages on Facebook searching for offers. Sounds stupid right! Actually, I did this. I came to know that Nest by Howard Johnson located near Chinar Park, Kolkata is running some exclusive offers. It was like:
  • 20% off on orders above Rs 1000 on Combos
  • 20% off on orders of a minimum of 7 combos or thalis

Note – You can call 7604011008 for direct orders
Time – 9:00 am to 9 pm

This offer sounds interesting to me and it is available on direct delivery within 10km but it is not applicable to me as we are only two and our tummy can accommodate single combos only. Since I have been to Nest a number of times for buffet as I strongly recommend that. Their food quality is awesome and one can’t complain. I ordered 3 combos, which were:
  1. Basanti Polao with Thakurbarir Kosha Mangsho
  2. Chingri Malai Curry with Steamed Rice  
  3. Home Style Chicken Curry with Steamed Rice

They delivered the food in just 45 mins. I was really happy with the way they handed it me. As per guidelines, they were following the contactless deliveries. The 3 combos were served with a paper bag which looks really good. They left the bag at the doorstep. The 3 packets were perfectly packed as I won’t gravy of the stuff spreading all around. I think you must be waiting to know, how it tasted. So, let's go through the journey:

Basanti Polao with Thakurbarir Kosha Mangsho 


I am non Bengali fellow but staying in West Bengal by birth made me taste varities of Bengali cuisines. Among them, Basanti polao and Thakurbarir Kosha Mangsho are one my favorites. This special dish are prepared during the holy celebration of Durga Puja and as you know this is the most famous festival in West Bengal. The taste of Poalo was literally very good, not very sweet and salty. A perfect combination of both and Kosha Mongsho was next to awesome. It was really well cooked as mutton flesh was soft and tangy tomato slices added love to it. This delicious combo cost around Rs 225. I highly recommend this. 

Chingri malai Curry with Steamed Rice  


Prawns are always my favorite among all the non veg cuisines. Especially if it is well prepared then I can’t stay for a second from having it. The Malai curry was awesome that shares slice of tiny and delicious pieces of prawns with creamy gravy. The combination with steamed rice makes it a perfect combo. This drooling deliciousness cost Rs 250 only. I recommend this. 

Home Style Chicken Curry with Steamed Rice 


If you are home style food lover then I think this is the best option for you. Home style chicken was similar to the one we get at home. Honestly speaking, “ghar ki who haseen pal yaad aagaye jab meri family eksath lunch karte the”. Sorry, I became bit emotional but no worries. Moving ahead, I like the taste of chicken as it was well cooked with perfect balanced of spices make it the best one. Chicken flesh was soft and can be easily torn. Serving with steam rice made it a perfect combo. This yummilicious cost Rs 200 only.

If you are waiting to order lunch or dinner then I think you must consider Nest by Howard Johnson, which will serve you with warm hospitality services and delicious food. 

Comments